The Network - A Cyberpunk RP

Zydrate Anatomy

"You've never used the M.E. have you?" Kae asked, watching intently as he rifled through her bag. Nothing in there was really worth a damn, save her documents, but it was all she had to live on, "Anonymity is the cornerstone of the platform. No P.I.I. involved in transactions." 

@Morrigan

He wasn't wrong. The whole cash-or-crypto based pay system was meant to facilitate moving items without leaving a paper trail. 

It created a system where honest people could have packages carried dirt cheap. Others... well, it made for expensive transport while giving them a scapegoat if the authorities intervened. The courier always took the fall in those instances. 

Granted, Kae wasn't technically doing a job for the Mojave Express. She was specifically doing this for the Nakado Syndicate. If she lost that box there was a lot more than a chunk of cash and a job at stake. 

"It's not my business what's in the boxes," she answered, "I'm just supposed to get them to the drop point. It could be drugs or jewelry or illegally imported meds for someone's kid. Look I didn't steal from you and I didn't damage anything. Your back door knob was already fucked up, so I took a chance to pick it. Just give me my shit and let me go, please." 

@Morrigan

She cast a last look at the box, feeling her stomach churn. As soon as the door was half open she darted out and started a fast pace down the alley. The panic built as she moved. Now the cops were the least of her concerns. Now she owed a shit load of money to one of the most notorious crime families in the city. 

"Oh fuck," Kae breathed aloud to herself as she searched her mind for somewhere she could go and just catch her breath for a moment. 

@Morrigan