The Network
Sign in to follow this  
Seth Redford

First Day Jitters

The next morning was just as quiet as the alarm went off, and they both started staggering up for the day. But that was more or less usual for them in the mornings. Seth grabbed his bag and left to shower up. 

He was overly cautious about it all after the day before, and the looks and sniggering weren't exactly setting up for a great start to the day. Still, Seth managed to get cleaned up and into his uniform without any further incident, and emerging a little less bright red than before. If he just hadn't gotten it on his face he might almost have been able to squeeze by unnoticed once he was fully dressed. 

Once he'd gotten through the mess line Seth found a spot at one of the smaller tables by the doors. 

"At least the coffee around here is worth a shit," he remarked in way of a 'good morning' when Alice slid in across from him. 

@Morrigan

Alice didn't move as quickly as she normally did so she could get in a twenty minute run before breakfast. She waited just long enough before she headed toward the showers and tried to get more of the purple off which was more just making her look a darker shade of purple. She got looks and a few prissy cat calls before she got her food and slid across from Seth, feeling as defeated as she did the day previous.

"Yeah I guess they have decent beans," she said as she settled to pick at her food still not feeling particularly hungry.

@Dragon

"I'd almost dare to say that I nearly have new tattoos," she said bitterly as she continued to poke at her food. "One of the ones you regret after drinking too much tequila in Mexico sort. I'm just tired of rubbing myself raw."

@Dragon

"Yeah. I thought I was going to start bleeding by the time I quit," he muttered, "there's got to be some kind of chemical shit that'll get it off. Maybe we can look into it while we're out on shift." 

@Morrigan

"Sounds good," she said dismissively. She liked Seth but she was also attracted which was a recipe for disaster. She felt like she needed a new partner but she also couldn't leave him stranded with all the HS bullshit all these assholes were bringing so she felt like she had to stick this out and just try to overlook that she wanted to fuck him, hoping maybe it was just hormones and lack of sex that was getting the best of her.

@Dragon

Alice barely looked up to him with a pursed lip attempt at a smile. "I'm fine," she said to him. "Not really fond of all the stares and fucking assholes making comments about how I look like Barney," she lied.

@Dragon