The Network - A Cyberpunk RP

Just my luck

Scotty eventually called Seth, a few days later to tell him that the girl had went to the syndicate and that Seth owed him because she disappeared for a few days. His facial recognition program just 'happened' to pick her up on a local feed. He added that he would not be hacking into the Syndicate's network to triple check.

Seth would call and tell Richie and that's why he would be there when Anoco called Kae for another of her trashy gigs.

Richie had the box and was on the couch when Kae would show up.

"So you two know each other?" Anoco asked Kae, the woman was clearly displeased.

@Dragon

After her failed attempt to recover the box, Kae had given up on the fantasy of being freed easily. She'd just have to work off the debt and put a foot toward making the right kind of friends along the way. It could have been worse. She wasn't getting whored out after all. 

But when she answered Anoco's summons and arrived to find the Redford guy from the shop, Kae blanched immediately and a fleeting look of panic glinted through her eyes before she composed herself, "We've met before..."

@Morrigan

Once she was sat down beside her Anoco looked to Richie. "So Richard. This is what you want? I think she's worth more than what's in that box."

Richie licked the back of his teeth and shook his head. "You're lucky I'm even offering Anoco," Richie said. "You and your sister were trying to steal this and I'm offering that her debt be paid off and I don't let my parents know what you had tried to pull," he said simply.

Anoco pressed her lips together. "And I can have it?"

"You can have it but nothing happens to her. If I even think that any of you have anything to do with her getting hurt I'll come for you," he said. "And you don't come back here again," he said referring to Kae.

@Dragon

Kae's gaze darted between them as they spoke. It wasn't exactly hard to figure out what was going on, but that didn't make it any less bewildering. Why would he buy out her debt? 

Being under the Nakada family's thumb wasn't ideal; but it was the devil she knew. She wanted to beg Anoco not to take the offer, even though she knew the older woman didn't give a shit about her. 

When the man finally addressed her she just nodded while avoiding eye contact. 

@Morrigan

Richie tensed his jaw and ground his teeth but went quiet instead of fighting with her. He'd pull up outside of the stack of apartments that he lived at and gotten her a place at. Once he'd parked he went to let her out and walk with her to the elevator. "Your place isn't on the same level as mine," he explained. "But if you need me I'm on the top floor," he advised her indicating to the screen where it was unlocked. "I'll get you added so that you can access it even when I'm not in the elevator," he said pressing the button to get to the floor she was on.

Once the elevator stopped he stepped out and started to walk down the block to the small apartment he had gotten for her. He keyed in the code and waited for her to step inside.

@Dragon

Literally everything she owned was in her pack, left where she'd hidden it before entering the club that night. There was nothing in there she couldn't live without for a night. Kae started to say something, then closed her mouth and shook her head. She'd go get it later. 

@Morrigan