The Network - A Cyberpunk RP

Black Cloud

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"You gotta be more careful with this, man. I'll try to keep them off your back a little while longer," Seth promised his brother grudgingly. He thought this was about the dumbest thing he'd ever seen his brother pull, but he did believe it when Richie said he was trying to do something decent, "I'm gonna need those back," Seth said, handing his brother a thin micro card that would unlock the cuffs on the girl, just once, "just leave 'em in the shop, I'll pick them up." 

@Morrigan

"They'll be in my office," he agreed as he took the card. "I'll talk to her. I don't want her there any more than you do I promise. I just want to get her on her feet. Properly," he said as he reached up to grip his brothers shoulder. "Don't forget to call me," he said as his eyes went to the droplets of blood on the tile.

@Dragon

"Yeah," Seth reached his arm up to clasp the side of Richie's shoulder briefly, "just don't get mad if it takes a day or two. Shit's all chaos right now." 

He let his hand drop and turned to let himself out, leaving his brother to deal with whatever Big Brother bullshit he'd taken on. 

@Morrigan

There may have been some truth to that. Since she'd mostly managed to wiggle through the cracks in the system, Kae found a certain level of freedom in her life - when she was making ends meet. She didn't have memories of ever having much, so the ultra spartan lifestyle didn't bother her. It was better than being bounced around a desperately over crowded foster system. At least she had a little control. 

Or she'd had a little control. 

Now instead of a sense of freedom, albeit tense at times, she felt constantly trapped and anxious. 

"You boogie assholes are the worst," Kae rolled her eyes, "just go out and get a job," she echoed him in a mocking tone, "like any legitimate enterprise would hire a teenage, runaway dropout."

@Morrigan

Kae scoffed at the question. Obviously he'd never had to go get a summer job in school. 

"Yes I've tried. You need signatures from legal guardians, school waiver, multiple forms of identity verification - ow," she pulled her leg back and glared at him briefly. Never minding all those issues, she'd also gotten picked up by the cops last time she'd tried. She wasn't going back into the system again. 

@Morrigan

Kae yelped and cursed, jerking her leg fully away from him as she sucked a breath through her teeth. Fuck she just wanted to kick him. 

"Between fifteen and seventeen management still has to verify guardian consent," she said once the sting had eased, "and all I've got is an expired state ID. Last time I applied for something above the board I got picked up by the fucking cops." 

@Morrigan

"If you'll remember correctly, I did tell you that if you needed anything to just fucking ask," Richie snapped at her shoving his chair back and moving away from her. "I didn't assume anything but the fact that you needed a place to stay and food," he stalked down the hall as if he was leaving the conversation.

@Dragon